|BIF To Meet in Mississippi
The Pearl River Resort of Choctaw, Miss., will be the backdrop for the 2006 Beef Improvement Federation (BIF) Annual Meeting and Research Symposium April 18-21. The Mississippi Beef Cattle Improvement Association, Mississippi Cattlemen’s Association, and Mississippi State University Extension Service are co-hosting the 38th annual event, themed “21st Century Genetics: Rising to the Challenge Southern Style.”
Meetings begin with an opening reception Tuesday evening, followed by a symposium sponsored by the Ultrasound Guidelines Council (UGC) titled “Basics of Ultrasounding Beef Cattle for Genetic Improvement.” General sessions Wednesday and Thursday will focus on how cow-calf producers can meet retail and consumer targets and how they can best fit into their production environments. BIF will honor several individuals, including its seedstock and commercial producers of the year. A tour on Friday will visit the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station at Mississippi State, EE Ranches Inc. of Winona, Gaddis Farms of Bolton, and the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum in Jackson. For a schedule, click here.
To access registration, hotel and/or travel information, visit http://msucares.com/livestock/beef/bif2006.html, or call Jane Parish at (662) 325-7466 or Blair McKinley at (662) 325-3691.
Angus Productions Inc. (API), publisher of the Angus Journal and the Angus Beef Bulletin, is proud to present online coverage of the 2006 BIF annual meeting.
- Visit the Schedule now for times and a description of presentations.
- Visit the Award Winners page for listings of past winners and, when available, nominees for this year’s commercial and seedstock producer of the year honors.
- Visit the Archives page for access to API’s coverage of the 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 meetings.
- Visit the Links page to access links to breed associations and industry organizations.
During and after the meeting
- Browse through the Symposium papers page for proceedings of the conference.
- Browse the Newsroom page for summaries of the sessions written by API writers and audio of the sessions. Speakers’ PowerPoint® presentations and proceedings will be posted if available.
- Re-visit the Award Winners page after the meeting for announcements of this year’s winners, including seedstock and commercial honorees, Continuing Service Award winners, Pioneer Award winners, Ambassador of the Year and the Frank Baker Memorial Scholarship Award winners.
API is pleased to bring you online coverage of this event. Please let us now how we’re doing. Click here to send us your comments.