Want to reprint something from this site?
Here are some basic guidelines …
www.BIFconference.com is compiled by Angus Media, publisher of the Angus Journal, Angus Beef Bulletin, Angus Beef Bulletin EXTRA and Angus e-List, with cooperation and assistance of the Beef Improvement Federation. The site contains a mixture of copyrighted and noncopyrighted material. An editor's note at the bottom of each article specifies limitations, but the basic guidelines are as follows:
- Award winner summaries are provided by BIF and are for distribution to the media.
- We are posting the schedule, meeting information and proceedings with permission from BIF. Mississippi State University has compiled the proceedings for this year's BIF Symposium. You may request reprint permission from Bob Weaber, assistant professor and beef cattle specialist, or BIF Executive Secretary Jane Parish. We encourage you to also contact the presenter to request the presenter's reprint permission.
- PowerPoints and supporting documents are posted with permission of the presenter, who would retain the copyright. Please request permission to reprint a presentation in its entirety or in part from the respective presenter. PowerPoint presentations may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express permission of the presenter.
- Unless otherwise noted, the presentation summaries, audios and photo galleries provided on this site are compiled and posted by Angus Media staff and freelancers. Angus Media retains the copyright to this material. We are willing to offer you the opportunity to reprint articles if you adhere to our reprint guidelines:
- 1. The author must be credited.
- 2. The article must be reprinted in its entirety or changes submitted to Angus Media Editor Shauna Hermel for approval prior to publication.
- 3. Attribution must be presented at the end of the article to read: "This article is reprinted with permission from www.BIFconference.com, the Angus Media's online coverage site of the 2015 Beef Improvement Federation Research Symposium and Annual Meeting." The attribution should be in 7-point type or larger, or conform to your standard style for an editor's note.
- 4. We ask that you let us know which summaries you are reprinting and when they will be published. A tear sheet would be appreciated. Please send tear sheets to the attention of Shauna Rose Hermel, Editor, Angus Productions Inc., 3201 Frederick Blvd., Saint Joseph, MO 64506.
If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Shauna Hermel, Editor, Angus Media
3201 Frederick Ave., Saint Joseph, MO 64506
office: 816-383-5270; cell: 816-752-0089; fax: 816-233-6575
Editor’s Note: The articles used within this site represent a mixture of copyrights. If you would like to reprint or repost an article, you must first request permission of Angus Media by contacting the editor at 816-383-5200; 3201 Frederick Ave., Saint Joseph, MO 64506. Angus Media claims copyright to this web site as presented. We welcome educational venues and cattlemen to link to this site as a service to their audience.