Missouri to Host 'Gateway to Profit'
Site features coverage of June 28-July 1 event.
Welcome to www.BIFconference.com, Angus Productions Inc.'s event coverage site dedicated to the Beef Improvement Federation Annual Research Symposium and Annual Meeting. Through financial support by Biozyme Inc., our sponsor since 2007, and in cooperation with BIF, API provides online coverage of this annual event, which is recognized as the leading forum for exchange between those who develop technologies for breed improvement and those who put them into practice.
This year's event
Missouri will host this year's event, themed "Gateway to Profit," June 28-July 1 at the Holiday Inn Select Executive Conference Center in Columbia. Industry experts from the United States and abroad will discuss leading genetic advancements and offer attendees practical solutions to adapt the technologies to their individual operations. Event coordinators anticipate about 900 cattle producers, veterinarians, academics and allied industry personnel from around the world will attend.
"The annual BIF conference is considered one of the most influential and innovative programs in beef genetic technologies," says Bob Weaber, BIF planning committee co-chairman. "What makes our program unique is the emphasis we place on bringing this advanced science to a practical level of understanding that resonates with the needs and interests of our attendees."
Weaber says the program is appealing to anyone who wants to hear, share, learn and apply the science of genetics to beef production. Tours of local cattle operations and educational destinations, as well as social events, provide additional opportunities for learning and networking.
Navigate this site
- Visit the Schedule page now for times and a description of presentations.
- Visit the Reg. & Hotel page now for links to registration and information about travel to and hotels in the area.
- Visit the Award Winners page for listings of past winners and, when available, nominees for this year's commercial and seedstock producer of the year honors.
- Visit the Archives page for access to API's coverage of the 2002-2009 meetings.
- Visit the Links page to access links to breed associations and industry organizations.
- Visit the Newsroom ahead of the conference for news and information about the conference, a news release on BIF's new executive director, and other pre-event details.
During and after the conference, API will post news and highlights from the event.
- Browse through the Newsroom page for summaries of the presentations written by our API writers, as well as PowerPoint presentations, audio, proceedings and support materials provided by the speakers.
- The Reg. & Hotel page will become a Photo Gallery page and will host photo galleries from the symposium and tours.
- Re-visit the Award Winners page after the meeting for announcements of this year's winners, including seedstock and commercial honorees, Continuing Service Award winners, Pioneer Award winners, Ambassador of the Year Awards, Frank Baker Memorial Scholarship Award Winners and Roy Wallace Award winners.
We welcome your suggestions about this site. Please contact Shauna Hermel at 816-383-5270 to report any broken links, ask a question or make a suggestion.
Information from BIF
Additional details about the conference, including registration (available April 16), lodging and travel tips, student travel fellowships, details on Continuing Education Credits, and how to become an event sponsor are available at the University of Missouri's event site, www.BIF2010.com.
For more information about the conference, contact Missouri BIF planning committee co-chairmen Robert Weaber at 573-882-5479 and Ben Eggers at 573-882-1953. Hotel reservations should be made directly with the hotel (1-800-465-4329, 573-445-8531, www.hiselect.com/cou-execctr). Be sure to mention that you are with the BIF conference to receive the special room rate.
Editor’s Note: The articles used within this site represent a mixture of copyrights. If you would like to reprint or repost an article, you must first request permission of Angus Productions Inc. (API) by contacting the editor at 816-383-5200; 3201 Frederick Ave., Saint Joseph, MO 64506. API claims copyright to this web site as presented. We welcome educational venues and cattlemen to link to this site as a service to their audience.